Monday 27 November 2023

What are Eavestroughs, Fascia, Soffit and Siding?

 

When I was in University, back in the day, I had an excellent professor who would say, "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask."

This blog will be short and sweet, but every year I do 750 to 1000 estimates for people who want eavestrough, fascia, soffit and siding on their homes. However, believe it or not, there are some who do not know all the components that make up this part of the house or they usually are confused over which part is the soffit and which part is the fascia. I have had people who think the soffit is the siding or the fascia is called siding.

So when I give a quote, I try to be as simple as I possibly can. It's like Eavestroughs 101. So here is a picture I had done up. When I got into this business 16 years ago, the only name for eavestroughs was "eavestroughs". But etymology is a wonderful thing and many in Canada now call Eavestroughs "Gutters" like our neighbours to the south in the USA.

A picture is worth a thousand words. So, in an attempt to clarify all the components, here is a picture.


To some, this blog article may be like me repeating the ABC's but to others, it is a genuine question they need clarified. This might be simple, but the work is not and my company does a superb job with all of it.

If you would like a quote for eavestroughs, fascia, soffit, siding or gutter protection please contact us at www.theeavestroughcompany.com or call us at 905-966-2564.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or opinions on my blog writings. Please comment. :)